Expungement Eligibility Clinic Nov. 4th
Is your criminal record a barrier to employment and housing?
Legal advice is available at no cost to you at an Expungement Eligibility Clinic on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm here at Employment Skills Center. The clinic is provided by Penn State Dickinson Law and MidPenn Legal Services.
Under the new Second Chance Law, some crimes or non-conviction data can be removed from your record. Experts will help determine if you qualify. Please note that the clinic will help determine your eligibility and help figure out next steps for those who are eligible–the entire process cannot be completed in one day.
Are You Eligible?
You may be eligible if you are a low-income resident of Cumberland County OR the crime was charged or prosecuted in Cumberland County. Crimes that may be eligible include:
- Summary convictions that are more than 5 years old and non-convictions
- No convictions in the last 10 years and you are over 70
- 2nd or 3rd degree misdemeanor convictions and the crime occurred more than 10 years ago
- Additional restrictions may apply
What Should You Expect?
The Expungement Eligibility Clinic will assist clients with:
- Determining if you may be eligible for expungement or limited access
- Determining next steps, which may include referral to an attorney at no cost.
What To Bring on the Day of the Clinic
- Your State ID or Drivers License
- Your social security number (the card is not required)
- A list of approximately when and where you were charged
Limited spaces available, and prior sign up is required. Sign up by visiting or calling Employment Skills Center at (717)243-6040.