Did you know—
- Warehousing & Storage is the #1 industry in Cumberland County?
- Material Movers is the fastest growing occupation by volume growth in the South Central Workforce Investment Area?
- There are over 49 million square feet of warehousing space in the county?
There is a demand for frontline logistics workers, and there is room for advancement in this global industry.
Employment Skills Center has partnered with the Rotary Veterans Initiative to offer FREE logistics training and certification to qualified veterans and service members.
Course Content and Certifications
Participants will receive blended online and classroom instruction to prepare them for the CLA (Certified Logistics Associate) & CLT (Certified Logistics Technician) exams. The CLA and CLT are industry-recognized certifications developed by the MSSC (Manufacturing Skill Standards Council). The CLT is ANSI accredited under ISO Standard 17024 (personnel certification). Over 1500 colleges and universities nationwide have agreed to consider offering up to 4 college credits for the combined CLA/CLT courses.
Our training program includes the following components:
- CLA (Certified Logistics Associate) instruction and certification covering these work competencies: Global supply chain logistics life cycle, Logistics environment, Material handling equipment, Safety principles, Safe material handling and equipment operation, Quality control principles, Workplace communication, Teamwork and workplace behavior, Using computers
- CLT (Certified Logistics Techncian) instruction and certification covering these work competencies: Product receiving, Product storage, Order processing, Packaging and shipment, Inventory control, Safe handling of hazmat materials, Evaluation of transportation modes, Dispatch and tracking, Measurements and metric conversions
- One-day sit-down lift truck (forklift) instruction, testing, and certification
- Resume help and job search support and instruction tailored to meet the needs of military veterans
The first session will be held October 10–13, 2017. The program is ideal for those wishing to enter the logistics field or current logistics employees who want to learn more about the field and build their credentials.
Participant Eligibility Requirements
Preference will be given to applicants with the following status:
(Others are also welcome to apply)
- Honorably discharged military veterans with a valid DD214 or
- Currently serving military members with valid military ID and name and contact information of commanding officer
To be accepted into the class, ALL applicants must meet the following qualifications and successfully complete the application and interview process:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 10th grade reading and 8th grade math level on CASAS assessment
- Eligible for employment
- Actively seeking employment or a better job
- Able to lift 25–50 lbs.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Willing to submit to a physical and drug test upon employment
- Wiling to submit to a criminal background check upon employment
- No pending criminal charges
- No criminal convictions within the past 12 months
- Transportation to training site
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Reliable and Punctual
- Visit Employment Skills Center, 29 South Hanover St., Carlisle
- Complete application packet
- Take reading and math assessments (take approximately 3 hrs.)
- Complete interview with program coordinator (by appointment)
- Upon acceptance into program, complete all intake paperwork
Fall 2017 Session Details
Tentative class schedule is provided below. A detailed syllabus will be provided the first day of class.
Resume Preparation & Job Search Help
|Employment Skills Center||Tuesday, October 10–Thursday, October 12||9:00 am to 3:00 pm
(12:00–12:30 lunch break)
|Forklift Training and Certification||Kuehne + Nagel
1501 Distribution Drive, Carlisle
|Friday, October 13||8:00 am to 3:30 pm
For more information about the program, please contact Callie Hazan, Workforce Development Coordinator, at email@example.com or 717-243-6040 x 4429.
Funding for this program is provided by the Rotary Veterans Initiative and the G.B. Stuart Foundation.
Thank you to Kuehne + Nagel distribution center for providing space and equipment for the forklift training.
Thank you to the following employers for sharing their expertise with our class! Are you a logistics professional who would like to contribute to our program? Click here for more information!
Registered CLT Students: Log in here http://employmentskillscenter.opusworks.com/home.asp?bhcp=1