Our next class is scheduled for May 8-June 28, 2023. Class will be held online, 2 days per week. Registration deadline is May 1.
Start Your Pathway to a Caring Career
This 8-week, 100 hour course provides specialized training and prepares participants to succeed in the healthcare field. Training will include instruction in community health concepts, care coordination, advocacy, health education, CPR/First Aid, workplace skills, and much more.
Students who successfully complete training will be one step closer to employment and certification as a Community Health Worker on the front lines of healthcare.
Participant Eligibility Requirements Include:
- 18 years or older
- Resident of Cumberland, Adams, Dauphin, Franklin, Perry, or York County
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Valid Driver’s License or PA State ID
- Successful background check
- Reliable transportation
- Must take reading assessment to meet minimum educational requirements
- Complete online registration form or visit Employment Skills Center, 29 South Hanover St., Carlisle
- Complete initial application packet
- Take reading assessment (approximately 1.5 hrs.)
- Complete interview and intake with program coordinator (by appointment)
- Upon acceptance into program, complete all required paperwork
For more information, please call 717-243-6040.
Training provided by Southcentral PA Area Health Education Center (AHEC)