Employment Skills Center offers classes for non-native English speakers through classroom instruction and one-on-one tutoring. The ESL Program provides learning experiences for new speakers and for those at beginning and intermediate English levels. All classes are learner-centered with instruction directed at students’ short-term and long-term goals. US culture and history along with civics lessons are integrated into the program. Students have the opportunity to improve their understanding of the English language while developing the skills necessary to communicate and participate in the community and in the workplace.
Spring 2023 classes will begin January 9. Please contact Tania Bourdon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-243-6040 for more information. Click here to register online.
As part of the registration process, new students will also be given an English assessment to help us determine what class is right for you. We will be offering classes according to the following schedule:
2022 Class Schedule:
Session I: January 9 – April 20, 2023
Session II: May 9 – August 24, 2023
Session III: September 11 – December 21, 2023
- New Speakers/Pre-Beginner: Monday and Wednesday 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Beginner 1: Tuesday and Thursday 9:15 – 11:45am
- Beginner 2: Tuesday and Thursday 12:45 – 3:15pm
- Beginner 3 (online): Monday and Wednesday 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Intermediate: Monday and Wednesday 12:45 – 3:15pm
- Community Conversation Group: Thursday 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Tutoring: One-on-one tutoring is also available
For more information, please contact Tania Bourdon, ESL Program Manager, at 717-243-6040 ext. 4424 or TBourdon@employmentskillscenter.org